Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) is hosting a virtual learning series from November 22-December 13, 2023. The series will help employers learn how to benefit from Canada’s immigration programs and services. IRCC will feature a new topic each week about Canada’s economic immigration programs.
- Temporary Foreign Worker Program (TFWP) & International Mobility Program (IMP)
- November 22, 2023 | 9:00am- 9:45am
- Focus: Canada’s work permit programs
- Global Skills Strategy (GSS)
- November 29, 2023 | 9:00am- 9:45am
- Focus: Canada’s Global Skills Strategy designed to support employers and attract top talent to Canada
- Addressing Permanent Labour Needs
- December 6, 2023 | 9:00am-9:45am
- Focus: Pathways to permanent residence including Express Entry
- Francophone Immigration
- December 13, 2023 | 9:00am-9:45am
- Focus: Benefits of hiring French-speaking and bilingual candidates
Employers may choose to attend one or all of the sessions based on their interest and needs. There will be a chance to interact and ask questions. To learn more about the webinars please visit Virtual Learning Sessions for Employers Across Canada.
Click Below to Register for one or all of the webinars!
This webinar series is timely, as the Province of BC recently passed the International Credentials Recognition Act, coming into effect in the summer of 2024. The act will increase fairness, efficiency, transparency and accountability in the credential recognition process. It will make it easier and quicker for qualified professionals such as engineers, social workers, veterinarians, paramedics, early childhood educators, teachers and more, to seek credential recognition, regardless of where they were trained.
The population of the Cowichan Valley is made up of 11.9% foreign-born residents, of whom 7.5% are recent immigrants. Foreign workers and new immigrants are a key component to Canada’s labour force. Immigration drives population growth and adds skilled workers and talent to our aging labour pool. Foreign workers can also assist with seasonal or temporary business requirements.
To find more tools and strategies available to help your business address labour shortage challenges, you can also access the Cowichan Employer Resource Guide made by Economic Development Cowichan. Each topic includes a brief description followed by links to additional information and programs.