Learn the basics of the Circular Economy concept and how it can increase economic opportunity and resilience in Cowichan.
Join Synergy Foundation, Duncan Cowichan Chamber of Commerce, and Economic Development Cowichan for a virtual lunch n’ learn exploring a vision of a thriving circular economy in Cowichan and across Vancouver Island. This event takes place virtually on Thursday, January 28, 2021 from 12 – 1 pm.
As an island community, we import most of our goods and export most of our waste. A circular economy is based on the principles of designing out waste and pollution, keeping products and materials in use, and regenerating natural systems. It offers opportunities to strengthen our local, island-based, economy. A circular economy is one where:
- We share more than we own, freeing income and sparing resources
- New ideas come to life and inspire other regions
- Products are made and repaired locally
- Economic equality is the new norm
- One’s waste is another’s resource
During the Lunch n’ Learn we will cover the following:
- Circular economy overview
- Examples of local and global businesses operating within the circular economy
- Identify local opportunities to increase economic opportunity and resilience while having a positive impact on the environment
Register for this virtual session to receive the link to join.
Everyone who registers and attends the event live on Jan 28 will be entered into a draw to win one of two one-year memberships with the Vancouver Island Green Business Collective, valued at $275 each. VIGBC helps businesses green their operations, while showing consumers that you adhere to a high standard of environmental practices.