The Cowichan Valley Regional District (CVRD) will resume acceptance of new building permit applications and development applications beginning Monday, April 6.
While CVRD staff continue to process applications received prior to the service curtailments announced last month, new applications will also be accepted in a limited capacity beginning next week. As the CVRD administrative offices remain closed to the public, applicants are asked to follow the guidelines below:
- Contact CVRD staff before submitting an application:
- Development applications (permits, variances, bylaw amendments), including all required supporting documentation, must be submitted electronically in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Building permit applications may be submitted electronically to email@example.com
- Paper building permit applications may be left at the Ingram Office front door Monday to Friday between 8 a.m. and 4 m.
- Fees will only be accepted by mail or courier via cheque or money order payable to the Cowichan Valley Regional District
- Inspections will be conducted with one site supervisor or designate present. Occupied buildings will not be inspected at this time.
Any applications involving public hearings will likely be delayed for the duration of the COVID-19 public health emergency to support mandated social distancing.
To learn more about the CVRD response to COVID-19, including service delivery and contact information, please visit the COVID-19 Information page of our website. Residents are also encouraged to access our COVID-19 Reference Guide for an up-to-date list of resources.
For more information, please contact:
Manager, Development Services 250-746-2641
Manager, Building Inspection & Bylaw Enforcement 250-746-2606